Plan you December
The festive season and the end of the year is upon us. While most of you will be busy buying holiday presents, looking for the perfect Christmas decorations, prepping for a fun holiday abroad, or simply re-evaluating the year that was, some will be looking for new avenues to explore and head about town this holiday season.
For those who like heading out, here are a few things to check out during the first half of December.
1. Set the festive mood with 'Christmas under the Stars' by the ASSESS for an evening of Christmas carols at the Al Ain Amblers Rugby Club on December 5 from 6-8 pm in Al Ain.
2. For some Christmas shopping and family fun (arts & crafts for kids) in Alain head to the Christmas fair on December 7th from 11 am - 4 pm at the old Sands Golf Course, after Danat Hotel in Alain. For details call 0508065457 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Dubai Christmas festival. The name says it all. They have an ice rink, Santa, artificial snow fall, workshops, demos and stalls set up for everything Christams. Tickets can be bought before hand or at the door (buying before hand will save you a few bucks). For more information log on to http://dubaichristmasfestival.com/
4. The biggest event this December is the Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF). In its 10th year DIFF has a power packed list of movies screening across four venues (free screenings will be taking place at Burj Park). To celebrate its 10th year, a special concert featuring Amr Diab will be held at Burj Park (paid event). In addition there are 'in conversation' sessions held with various film personnels. So if you are a movie buff head down to Madinat Souq, Mall of the Emirates or Burj Park to watch the latest and beat in world cinema. For more information log on to http://dubaifilmfest.com/en/
P.S. I am working for DIFF this year, so for an inside scoop on what's happening behind the scenes follow me on twitter @komalrlakhani
5. Virgin megastore is having their own Christmas festivities. On December 13th you can meet and greet Santa and his crew for story time, a cooking workshop and pictures with Santa at their Mall of the Emirates store from 10 am - 4 pm. For more details go on to www.virginmegastore.me
6. If you want to experience the Indian festival of holi right here in Dubai, join the colour run on December 14. As the name suggest they will be throwing colour in you while you run, isn't that fun! What better to make excercising more enjoyable? For mor details log on to http://thecolorrun.ae/Dubai
There is you have it first half on December with interesting events happening around Al Ain and Dubai. I'm pretty sure by the end of these almost everyone will be super busy organising their holiday to-do list, I suggest get started early! Until then, be merry! ;)